I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4th:HOME


Today was one of those mornings that I wanted to magically put all clocks on freeze so that I could stay in bed for even just a few more hours. Eventually, I did get up but nothing in my closet wanted to be worn and my hair was insisting on a pony tail. I finally just left my house arriving about 1 min. before my students...it was a long morning, but I did my best to be patient with the kids who still write their letters backwards and the ones who get off-task everytime you leave their side.

During my lunch hour, I helped a student clean his desk in hopes that he would find at least ONE of his 19 missing assignments before grades come due next week. After lunch, I helped 3 students look for good books to read and reminded several others that their books were begging to be read:) Then while they were away at computers, I ran to the workroom to make all my copies for next week.

At EXACTLY 2:15pm I kicked everyone outside for recess...I thought it would be my chance to have some down time- even if it was only 15 min...but it wasn't long before 2 kids from the room across the hall came knocking at my door in hopes that I would help them with their unfinished homework. I couldn't say no. After recess we wrote in our journals and learned about the Lost Colony of Roanoke. When the bell rang and I wished them all a good night, I took a deep breath and sat down in my chair. I had made it through another day:)

That is when I a saw a little girl sitting under her desk. She didn't want to go home. She wanted to stay and help me at school...

Just when I thought the day had past without much to feel grateful for, I realized that no matter how long the day seems, or how frustrated I get with the things I feel weak at, I DO have a good HOME! These days that is saying A LOT! That is something to be truly grateful for. That is something I often take for granted.

No comments: