Today I woke up at 5:00 am (on a SATURDAY) to stand in a freezing cold line!
My mom and I were waiting to buy a permit so that we could cut down a Christmas tree again this year. It is kind of a family tradition and somehow I get voted to make the trip up to Soldier Hollow each year and wait in the frigid weather.
They only give out 1000 permits and while that sounds like a lot, they run out pretty fast! To help manage the crowd they have started giving out wristbands at 6:00am. The wristband guarantees that you can buy a permit anytime between 8:00 am and 11:00 am. That way people can get a wristband and then come back later.
After we got our wristbands we headed back to our car where we had a few hours to kill before we could actually buy the permit. It was still dark so I put on my headlamp and tried to read a book-but I was too tired and it took too much effort. So instead I grabbed a blanket and tried to get some more sleep...but I couldn't get comfortable.
Lots of layers + uncomfortable car = no sleep.
My mom was sleeping so I pretty much just sat there. It was THEN and THERE that I realized how grateful I am for a comfortable and warm bed to sleep in every night! Although, I hardly ever get to stay in bed as long as my body would like to...it sure beats sleeping in a car!

2 comments:
Nat I love you! Hope you get an hour extra sleep tonight, in your nice warm comfortable bed! Oh and make sure you post a picture of the tree you cut down! I love that family tradition!
Hey, I'm doing this on my blog too! It's kind of fun, and I liked reading about all of the things you've written so far. Good job on that November 2nd entry. The only thing I could think of related to that day was the restaurant my team went to for lunch... :)
Post a Comment