

Here's the deal. I've got to get myself to Williamsburg, Virginia on June 21st by 6:00 pm. You are going to think that I am completely and totally INSANE...but i'm considering taking a train:) There is something in my blood that wants the adventure of a 62 hour train ride:) The fact that people are saying it is crazy and that I wouldn't be able to handle it...makes me want to do it even more!
But...
a little part of me says that it is a silly idea. That it might be smart to take a plane instead. To travel with people I know, instead of by myself. That getting there 3 times as fast just makes sense. Especially when the price is just about the same.
But...
that just sounds so boring. I think of all the adventures I might have on a train. The people I might meet! The things I might see! The new experience! The books I can read! The stories I can tell!
So I've been trying to doing some research in all my spare time:)
I can't put this decision off any more.
And...
I've even given myself a deadline. Friday. On Friday I will make my final decision.
But if you are reading this, then you know me. You know that making decisions is not a talent of mine. So i'm asking for your help. What do YOU think I should do?

7 comments:
if you want to take the train.....DO IT! You could fly back, and you could stop in Cleveland on the way back!
I say take the train! It would be such an adventure, if I were you I would do it!
Train.
First, it's almost like we're living parallel lives... you almost hit a deer, and I almost got hit by about 10 deer in the Grovecrest parking lot! Now, on to this post. Even if it's not super exciting and you mostly read the whole time, how awesome would it be to say you've traveled across the country by train?! Isn't now the perfect time to try new things?
I traveled a lot on trains when I was a kid. I took my fourth-graders on the California Zephyr every year when it was still running. I love trains!! Of course, you should take the train...
I agree with kristin! I can't wait to hear what you decide!
How does one go about getting his picture with you posted on the front of your blog?
Take a handcart. So much more...character building.
Post a Comment