just steps away from Duke of Gloucester Street.
The inside of our house was really nice...we liked it:) Every time we walked in from the hot, humid weather we were greeted with a gust of cold air! (Something I don't think the colonists were lucky enough to experience).
The week started by visiting an Indian settlement and learning how to make rope.
Next, we met 3 ships that came to Jamestown (replicas of course:). The Susan Constant, The Discovery, and The Godspeed. I learned the commands for loading cargo onto the ships and went aboard the Susan Constant to explore their cramped living conditions.
I'm not sure I would have had such faith to board that small ship and endure such a voyage!
Then we visited Jamestown where I met Pocahontas and the famous 5th grade movie star Dr. Kelso!!!! He is the archeologist that discovered Jamestown!

While in Williamsburg, I learned a lot about daily life, trades, and slave labor on the tobacco plantations.
One of the highlights for me was attending a witch trial! Sadly, photographs were not allowed:(
I also REALLY enjoyed making new friends and catching fireflies!!!
We even ate like real colonists and had a camp of British Redcoats visit for the weekend!
Let's be honest, the trip was AMAZING!

2 comments:
That sounds like an awesome trip! Where do you book a trip like that?
I went with a teacher group...but i'm sure you could schedule something similar at the Colonial Williamsburg website...just Google it!
Post a Comment