I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mexico Trip!

I recently returned from visiting a couple orphanages in Mexico. Hands Down, it was an AMAZING experience:) I'll definitely be going back in the near future:) While we were there we helped with a few construction projects...










We also spent a lot of time playing with the cute orphans! Miss them all so much already:(










I LOVED spending time with some of my favorite girls...






And meeting some new friends too!!


But one of my most favorite parts of all was waking up at 4:45 one morning and serving breakfast to nearly 300 people in the slums of Tijuana. It broke my heart to see the conditions they lived in and knowing that for many it would be the only meal they ate. Yet, many of them still seemed so happy! I got to be the banana girl! The bananas, despite being over ripe, were oh so popular!!! As one man left he said, "Thanks for breakfast, it was delicious, but your smile was even better". Makes me NEVER want to stop smiling again:)
 I also REALLY enjoyed our evening campfires! What an incredible group of people:)

 Someday i'll make it back:)

2 comments:

Cami said...

Wow. Natalie this is so cool! I want to go next time.

the.kim.peterson said...

You look great Nat!