I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Story of My Life

I was born in Huntsville, Alabama and soon after, moved with my family to Greely, Colorado.

My memories consist of the big rocks in the front yard that grew moss, my best friend Michelle who lived across the street, crashing on Michelle's bike, the trampoline in our backyard, and the super-tall treehouse that my Dad built!

At the age of 4 I was piled into my Grandma and Grandpa's car with my older brother and sister and driven to Provo, Utah...the place I call home. My parents joined us shortly after they sold our house and there we lived in Grandpa's basement.

Later, we built a house of our very own. I'd like to think that I was a big help, but I can only remember wandering the mountainside and eating Ramen Noodles and Jet fruit snacks!

At the age of 6 I moved into our newly built house where I had my very own room with green carpet and peach rose wallpaper. The memories from this house are endless. I spent most of my childhood barefoot and dirty. I was often found wandering in the mountains, playing with neighbors, weeding the garden, or selling lemonade and vegetables. It was a good life, besides the fact that I had short curly hair and every day I dreamed of having long straight hair so that I could be like all of the other girls in my first grade class at Wasatch Elementary.

It wasn't rare for my parents to leave us 3 kids home alone to take care of ourselves. In fact every Friday looked something like this. Mom and Dad would feed us dinner and then go out on an adventure! They hadn't been gone 2 minutes when I would get launched outside and locked from the house. I would run from door to door trying to get back in, but I was never fast enough. All the doors were locked and I was left to find my own adventure-- or hold down the doorbell until I was annoying enough to be let back in:)

After graduating from Wasatch Elementary and Farrer Junior High, I started a new life at Provo High! With hopes to please my parents, I joined the x-country team...I soon grew to love the hard work of running and met some of my best friends!

My senior year in high school was extreamly eventful. Both of my older siblings got married and my mom was diagnosed with cancer. With all of the change and uncertainty it was definately an emotional year, but one in which I grew to appreciate my mother and trust my Heavenly Father! I will be forever grateful for my mom's example and my amazing friends who got me through this time.

I then attended BYU and Graduated with a degree in Elementary Education. I had a lot of experiences that helped shape who I am today. I met new friends as well as roomates I didn't get along with:) Despite how hard it was at the time...I wouldn't give up the experience for anything.

I had a lot of different jobs in college. In fact I a had so many different jobs it is all a blurr. First I worked at the MTC. During that time I also spent a summer at Seven Peaks and selling concessions at BYU sporting events. After 4 years of serving food and bossing people around I decided to look for a better life. During the summer of 2006, I moved to Aspen Grove to work at a summer camp. Then I returned home in the fall and began working at a local elementary school. I also had a few temp jobs sorting mail, frosting donuts, and cleaning the museum. I loved all of my jobs but would never go back.

I am currently a full-time teacher.I love teaching...but mostly I feel like it is my students who teach me everyday! They are amazing:)

No comments: