Last Sunday was my mom's 50th birthday... we celebrated and ate chocolate cake!!!!! We talked about how 50 is like being on top of a mountain! The view is gorgeous and life feels wonderful! You can look at the past and all that you have endured with gratitude and with a sense of accomplishment! Just for the record, she doesn't plan on coming down until next September!
Anyway, ever since this birthday celebration...I haven't been able to stop thinking about how incredibly blessed and lucky I am to have such an incredible mother!
This post is dedicated to her!
I LOVE my mom because she is ever so smart and talented! If I EVER have a question about ANYTHING- I ask her FIRST...then google:)
Just to name a FEW...
She always talks about the days when she would come home from school and sew a new outfit for her evening date or the next day in just ONE afternoon!
I will never forget the days when I would grumpily be practicing the piano and my mom would be doing the dishes in the kitchen. When I played the wrong note she would call out the note that I SHOULD have played...from clear across the room! I was always amazed by that!
She can cook or bake ANY recipe that you put in front of her...actually, she probably doesn't even need the recipe...just tell her what you want:)
If you ever need driving directions ...she will DRAW you a map.
I sometimes wonder how she got to be so smart about so many things. Then I realize that it is because she has never been afraid to try new things and put forth the WORK and PRACTICE to be good at something. She is PATIENT with herself and NEVER GIVES UP!
Speaking of NEVER GIVING UP...
As many of you know, my mom is a cancer SURVIVOR! In April of 2004 she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. It was a difficult time for my family but one in which we GREW in love and trust for our Heavenly Father's perfect plan! Despite what the doctors told her, she had incredible HOPE and FAITH!
Not a SINGLE day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to spend just a little more time with my INCREDIBLE mother!

3 comments:
Oh Natalie. I love this post. Your mom is amazing!
Nat you said it better than I could have. I feel the exact same way. Love you mom!!
This post made me choke up! I always wanted to be like Aunt Leslie :)
Post a Comment