I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 16th: JACKSON HAINES


Never heard of Jackson Haines? I hadn't either until I just googled him a few moments ago:) He is the FATHER OF ICE SKATING and he helped invent some of the first ice skates! Today I am grateful for him because basically his invention made possible the best thing that happened all day! Let me explain...

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't as patient as I should have been at work today. It was a combination of being tired and having to repeat myself way more than I should ever have to. But really, that's no excuse. However, By the end of the day I had a killer headache.

I got home and had two choices. I could hide in my bed and hope for a better day tomorrow OR I could go ice skating with my ward. Long story short...I decided to go ice skating and it totally changed me. Just getting out and doing something active felt SO good!

Some day I hope to invent something important and cool that brings joy to peoples lives...I'll work on that:)

P.S. Thanks Stephanie for joining me on the rink!

No comments: