Sometimes we have to remind ourselves about past miracles and experiences so that we can continue to have faith through trials that seem like they will never end...
This past summer I had a little too much time on my hands. It usually seems to work that way for me, either I have too much time or not enough! Anyway, I did my best to stay busy, but one night I felt particularly alone. I felt very desperate for friends and for purpose in my life. It seemed like I could disappear and it wouldn't make much difference. I hated feeling this way. I finally became humble enough to pray to my Heavenly Father and ask for SOMEONE. Someone to contact me so that I would know that I was loved, that He was aware of me, and that He was listening to my prayers. That I was not REALLY alone....
...within 5 minutes, my visiting teacher was calling me on the phone. My first thought was that it was just a COINCIDENCE. But after a few min. I realized that she had been truly inspired to call me in the EXACT moment when I needed someone most! She wasn't setting up an appointment, she didn't have anything particularly important to tell me, and what she did tell me could have easily waited until Sunday.
I never told her exactly how important her phone call was to me that night--or how my love for her grew--but inside I will always remember that experience and be able to remind myself that we DO have a loving Heavenly Father, he DOES answer prayers, and He IS aware of us!
P.S. People come into our lives to strengthen, teach, and uplift us. Sometimes after they have served their purpose we have to let them go-to move on and be a strength to someone else. Sometimes it is hard to let them go. But I THINK he always gives us SOMEONE. At least ONE:)

No comments:
Post a Comment