In Celebration of Valentine's Day, I want to write about 14 things that make life enjoyable. 14 things that help me survive:) 14 things that I LOVE!
1. Weekends. I always look forward to weekends. Not because I hate my weekday job or anything...I just like down time. I like taking a break from the stress. I like staying up late and sleeping in. I like getting everything back in order from the hectic week. I like slowing down. I like getting a spiritual uplift and being reminded of the important things in life. I like Sunday naps and movie marathons. I just love weekends!
2. Family. My family is incredible. From my parents to each and every niece and nephew...I love them all! They are my heros. They are a constant in the this ever changing and uncertain life.
3. Receiving Homemade Valentine Cards via Snail Mail:) Sometimes snail mail impresses me. How organized the system is. How efficiently they can transport letters and packages. I LOVE snail mail. Today I got a purple valentine from my nephew in Ohio...favorite valentine yet!
4. Technology. I also love technology. You can practically look ANYTHING up on Google...like how to fold a 20 dollar bill into a heart:) The way we can access information these days is incredible! The fact that we can communicate with friends and family miles and miles away in a matter of seconds makes it easier to let them go:)
5. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. Geez! These things are delicious!
6. Friends. Especially the ones, who despite their distance, can know exactly what we need and how to say it:) The ones who love us despite our imperfections. The ones who change us. The ones who make life worth living. The ones that make us laugh. The ones we can never forget.
7. My Students. Sometimes these kids frustrate me. Sometimes they are out of control. Sometimes they don't listen to ANYTHING I say. BUT...most of the time they are lovable, forgiving, hilarious, and absolutely the joy in my life!
8. Chapstick. There is NOTHING like it when the cold winter air makes your lips burn.
9. Sunny Days. Lately I've seen a lot more of the sun. It makes my heart ache for summer. I love its presence. I love its warmth. I love the way it motivates me to get outside and move!
10. Books. I love books. I love that they can suck me in and take me away from reality for the afternoon:)
11. Tuesday Mornings! Enough said:)
12. Giving. I love to give. I love to serve. There is just something about it that gives me joy! This past week was difficult. Long hours and lots of work. Friday came and I was exhausted. Before I left for the weekend, a group of my students and I decided to secretly heart attack a few classrooms at our school! It was such a small act, yet it brought immediate joy and happiness into my heart! The previous frustrations were gone and life just felt good:)
13. Mountains. I especially love being on top of them! Looking down. Feeling accomplished and on top of the world! The intrinsic reward of arriving and enduring hard things is something I will always love!
14. Chocolate! If you are reading this than you probably know that I recently went 2 whole weeks without chocolate! For some, that is probably no big deal! BUT...for me it was HUGE!!! We were reunited today and boy was that LOVE!
Happy Valentine's Day!
P.S. I LOVE blog comments too:)

3 comments:
I love weekends and chocolate covered strawberries, too. And I love you.
I am glad you got Toby's valentine! He had a blast making them...I was nervous the whole time that he was going to loose a finger with his sicissor abilities!;) I am happy to report that that did not happen! I love you Nat! Thanks for being the BEST sister EVER!
Oh and I am happy you are reunited with chocolate.....yummy to my tummy!
Post a Comment