I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Tender Mercy

While flipping through an old notebook this evening I came across this sticky note...

It was kind of a tender mercy because it reminded me of things I came to know. Things that I needed to feel again:)

It was approximately 19 months ago that this phone message was delivered to me...yet I remember everything about it like it was yesterday! I was subbing in a 5th grade class at Grovecrest Elementary. It wasn't a message that I wanted. It scared me. I was torn. I was emotional. Just ask anyone who was there. It was one of those times when I knew what I needed to do, but it was different from what I wanted to do. It wasn't MY plan.

It is definitely not the written message that is so special to me, but more the person who wrote it and the amazing impact she had on my life. I know without a doubt that people are placed in our lives for a purpose. The friends we make and the people we work with are no coincidence, but rather part of His perfect plan for us! I know He sends angels to lift us up when everything seems to be crashing down. I know that sometimes we are not given the things that we want because He has something better. I know that He loves us more than He loves our happiness. I know that we don't always understand why things happen the way that they do, but that if we have TRUST in His plan then eventually we will be able to see things differently than we did before. JoDee, I love you to pieces! Thanks for not letting me give up! Thanks for bugging me until I did something! Thanks for being you!

Love,
Natalie

No comments: