
A few years ago, my family was preparing for a family party! My parents decided that as part of the preparation it would be wise to buy a new trampoline mat. The well used trampoline mat in our backyard was very worn and my parents feared that someone might get hurt if they jumped on it.
My mother recruited me to help replace the newly purchased mat. First we had to take off the old mat. Using a screwdriver I helped unhook each spring. Some were more difficult than others, but overall it wasn't too difficult. However, putting the new mat on was VERY hard work and I had to stop and rest often. My mother and I worked side by side ALL afternoon. The more springs we attached, the harder it got and by the end of the day we were hot, bruised, sore, and still unfinished.
My father returned from work that evening to see that we had only managed to get about 70 of the 96 springs attached. I then stood in amazement as my father effortlessly attached the remaining springs. I was very grateful for my father and his strength. Without him I'm not sure the tramploline would have ever been able to be used.
With today being Easter, I have thought a lot about the atonement and what an incredible gift it is to each of us who will accept it! Just as my father was able to finish putting the springs on our trampoline so that it could be used, I know that when we have done all that we can do in this life, our inadequecies and weakenesses can be strengthened because of the atonement! We don't have to do any difficult thing alone. He is there to help us! What an incredible blessing it is to know this truth and to feel His love and forgiveness in our lives! I know He lives! I know that he knows us individually! He has felt and experienced everything we are currently experiencing, and everything that we have experienced, and everything that we have yet to experience!

No comments:
Post a Comment