I know, right? I didn't even get the entire rainbow! Quite disappointed, I got back in my car and started driving closer hoping to find a better spot to pull off and get a picture. However, before I was able to stop again, it had faded and almost completely disappeared.It sorta made me think, like most things do:) Just like the rainbow faded, so do some of the other good things in life. Good friends leave. Fun times end. Good experiences pass. I don't think all good things are meant to last forever. Rather, they are meant to bring us joy in times when we need them. And sometimes, I think we find ourselves trying to hold on to those good things. Just like I spent a good portion of the afternoon wishing I had gotten a better picture. Sometimes I don't think we have the faith to realize that there will be more good things in the future. There will be another rainbow! There will be new and exciting opportunities, but if we hold on to the past, we might just miss them...

1 comment:
such great insight! so funny because i was on the phone with my mom yesterday & she must have saw the same rainbow!
Hope all is well Natalie! I was in Provo recently & had meant to try to contact you to try to see each other. It's always such a crazy whirlwind when I am in Provo - so many family obligations.
Post a Comment