At the begining of each school year it is pretty typical to ask your students to tell you their FAVORITE thing about summer vacation. They usually respond by saying playing with friends, sleeping in, going on vacation, no homework, or watching endless hours of TV. So that is why my eyes started to water when a 10 year old boy in my class this year stood up and said, "meeting the missionaries and learning how to draw". seriously. It touched my heart because I wasn't expecting it and I loved it:)
Then I kinda forgot about it....until today.
That same boy, who usually walks in 10 minutes late to school...only half awake and slower than a snail... came running in this morning with a smile, combed hair, and excitement that was contagious! Instead of drooling on his math assignment he was practically bouncing out of his chair! He didn't complain once about anything I asked him to do, and he actually finished the same amount of things that he started!
It turns out he was going to get baptized tonight after school! His joy melted my heart. I loved seeing him SO happy!
It reminded me of just how much our joy and happiness can and does affect the people around us. I really do think joy is contagious:)

1 comment:
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment